In 2020 we are looking for leaders, assistant leaders, young leaders or those working on their Queen's Guide Element 3 with any of the skills and experiences below who could run activity sessions or even oversee the day.
- Building shelters/rope ladders/fire-lighting/dampers (Brownie level)
- Outdoor games/activities/scavenger hunts (Rainbow & Brownie level)
- Outdoor arts & crafts using natural materials (Rainbow & Brownie level)
- Cooking on wood fires, backwoods cooking (Guide level)
- Bird identification/using binoculars/making bird feeders (Rainbow & Brownie level)
We aim to put together a team of five or six leaders with these skills for the relevant Cudham Shaws events. You can find all the upcoming events here.
Seen an event that you'd like to help out with? Here's what you need to know:
Time requirements: one whole day (9am-4pm) at Cudham Shaws, Nr. Sevenoaks, Kent TN14 7QT & three evenings to liaise via phone or email with the group to plan the programme/timings/equipment risk assessment/wet weather plan etc.
There’s lots of support available from region staff, too! We can help with:
- Advertising, bookings, collection of money, receipts, budgets, purchase/provision of equipment;
- Risk assessment templates, timetables, rotas, communications with leaders, evaluation forms, first aid.
There will also be an experienced volunteer “buddy” who will be on hand before the event to advise on delivering outdoor activities beyond the unit. We'll make sure you've got all the support you need!
To learn more (without commitment) please email our region Residential & Outdoor Activities Adviser, Kerri Hurley, on email@example.com.