Following the attack on two-hundred schoolgirls on April 5th 2014 in Northern Nigeria by Boko Haram we have been as keen as possible to raise awareness for this cause.
Fundamental extremists took young girls from their studies at a boarding school because they believe that "Western Education is forbidden". These Islamic militants believe that girls should not be given an education and should be restricted of their rights.
With the fear of slavery, forced marriages and abuse rising with every day that they are not returned we are asking all of our members to get involved and fight for these girls' rights: to lead a life free from servitude and oppression.
All 230 girls are still missing.
How can you help?
- You and your friends can raise awareness by changing your social media profile pictures to the #BringBackOurGirls campaign image.
- Wear red as a sign of protest and broadcast it across your social media channels.
- Write to the Prime Minister urging him to send help to Nigeria - to make sure that he keeps his promise to send British support to locate the girls.
- Join the Change.org petition and sign your name! So far over 900,000 people have signed!
- Arrange a march in your local area and let the organisers of the Bring Back Our Girls Facebook page know so that they can help publicise it and get more people to march along with you!