Looking for a quick delicious Christmas treat? Why not try these Christmas Marbled Apples!
What you'll need (Makes 6):
🍭 6 Lollipop Sticks
🍫4 bars of white melting chocolate - choose your favourite chocolate for an extra sweet treat!
🍧Red and green food colouring
Bowls to melt the chocolate in
🍳Either saucepans or a microwave to melt the chocolate in
How to make them:
Wash the apples and make sure to dry them really well. You don't want any water to touch the chocolate.
- Stick a lollipop into each apple and put them aside.
- Lay out a piece of parchment paper or foil
- While you can use any colour you want for your marbled apples, we're going for red and green as they're for Christmas!
- White chocolate will form the base of the apples, with the red and green being the accent colours.
- How you melt the chocolate is up to you. You can either melt them by putting the bowls over a saucepan of boiling water or by putting the bowls of chocolate in the microwave and doing short 30 second bursts.
- Melt two bars of white chocolate in one bowl. This will be the snowy base colour. Make sure the bowl is deep enough for your apple to be dipped into.
- Melt one bar of white chocolate in another bowl and add red colouring. Melt the last bar of chocolate in a third bowl and add green colouring. Start of with just a few drops - you can always add more if you'd like a more vibrant colour!
- Dip your apple into the white chocolate. You might need a spoon to drip the white chocolate making sure it covers the whole apple.
- When it comes to adding colour, get creative! Once you've dipped in the white chocolate, use a spoon to drip the colours over your apple whilst holding it over the bowl to catch any drips. You can follow a pattern or and swirl the colours together to create a truly marbled affect.
- Once you've marbled your apples set them aside on your parchment or foil and allow them to set. If you want them to harden quicker you can place them in the fridge.
And that's it! Experiment with vibrant colours and softer tones to see what you like.
For extra Christmas sparkle, why not add some sprinkles onto your apples before the chocolate sets.
If you give these a go, do send us the results! And if you've got a favourite Christmas activity, game or tradition we'd love to hear all about it! If you've got something you want to share, let us know on Facebook or Instagram.