Welcome to your latest blogging memo! If you don't get them on your email box and you'd like to, just let us know and we'll add you.
Know someone else who wants to receive this memo? Just let us know and we can add them to the list.
What do we need from you?
If you have an idea for a blog post, we want to hear it.
What activities have you taken part in so far this term? With the new programme now in full use we want to hear about how you're finding it.
Maybe you took part in UK Parliament Week. If so, let us know how you got on as we'd love to feature some activities in a blog post.
We hope that before the summer you saw the first post in our new series looking at flexible volunteering. If you've got an example to share please do get in touch at email@example.com. We really want to be able to shout about the great ways our units are run, and how there's opportunities for everyone to volunteer if they wish.
We always want to cover everything that guiding has to offer, so whatever you're doing or wherever you're going - we want to hear from you!
What have we been blogging about?
Since our last memo we've had some great blogs posted.
- Ayushi has written about her LaSERIO expedition to Uganda.
- Sophie has written about our October Woman of the Month, Greta Thunberg.
- Charlotte has compiled a list of her favourite books by BAME authors.
- We've got details of our October Badge of the Month, Protesting, and our November Badge of the Month, Voting.
- Autumn updates from Chigwell Row and Cudham Shaws Outdoor Centre.
- Poppie, a Girlguiding LaSER Brownie has shared with us the letter she's written to HRH Queen Elizabeth – and the reply she got!
- Josie Turner, Northfleet District Commissioner and Leader at 1st Springhead Park Rainbows & Brownies has told us about her unit recycling crisp packets for a good cause.
- Claire Coles-Williams, Leader at 1st St James' Rainbows has shared her recent experience of facing her fears to run a meeting.
- Ahead of UK Parliament Week, Ayushi wrote a post about visiting parliament.
- The Hive wrote a moving post about Remembrance Day.
- And finally we've got a great competition to win tickets to see The Snail and The Whale at the Apollo Theatre in London!
You can read these blog posts on the news page on the Girlguiding LaSER website, along with updates from The Hive.
If any of the posts above have inspired you to write about something you've been up to, then just get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our blog posts cover a variety of topics ranging from what our members are getting up to in meetings, Girlguiding initiatives and opportunities, and important issues.
Blog themes and up-and-coming ideas include:
- New programme experiences - as above, please let us know if you have any thoughts on this.
- Did your unit take part in UK Parliament Week? Let us know how it went.
- It'll be here before you know it - what have you got planned for Christmas this year?
- And we know some of you are already thinking about plans for 2020. If this is you - let us know what you're planning to focus on!
We want to shout about the great work each of our units are doing, and want to feature different units showing what they've been up to. If your unit would like to be featured in an upcoming blog post let us know at email@example.com.
If you've got any other ideas for a blog, or if you already have something drafted, please drop us a line.
Similarly, if you know of anyone else guiding in LaSER who you think would like to be involved in blogging then please do send them our details!