Do you love taking photos? Want to up your photography game while also discovering more about what makes native UK plant life awesome?
Last year, The Hive was lucky enough to receive funding from Grow Wild’s Youth Project fund. Grow Wild supports projects designed to showcase the beauty and promote the exploration of native UK wildflowers and fungi.
We’re using the funding to put on a mobile photography workshop on Saturday 2 March 2019 for a group of Hive members to learn new skills and celebrate what’s great about UK wildflowers and fungi.
We’re calling it Buzzing about Wildflowers!
This will be a workshop for total beginners to learn the basics of how to take and edit great photos using just your mobile. What’s more, it will be held at the amazing Kew Gardens in London!
So what will the day include?
- A photography workshop covering techniques, tips and tricks to turn photos from good to great.
- A presentation on UK wildflowers and fungi, what they do for us and why they’re so important to protect.
- Time to explore Kew Gardens, making the most of the plant life on offer from all around the world and getting some great photos!
- A yummy lunch.
- An editing workshop to make your photos stand out even more.
- A chance to choose your favourite pictures, edit them and get them printed to form a personal gallery of the day to take home.
- Time to explore our Buzzing about Wildflowers gallery, share what you've learned and earn a Girlguiding LasER Growing Up Wild Conservation Paw Print!
Throughout the day we’ll be sharing photos, videos and more on the Hive Facebook and Instagram channels (using the hashtags #buzzingaboutwildflowers and #growwilduk) and you'll be encouraged to make your own Facebook, Twitter and Instagram posts that we'll be sharing, too! After the event, we’ll gather the results from the day into an online gallery.
Afterwards, we’ll also be sharing the workshops online so that anyone can download them and have a go!