Hello! I’m Charlotte, one of the admins at The Hive. I joined the team as a blog admin in the summer of 2019 and I haven’t stopped since! I switched roles to the ‘social media’ position last year and I’m in charge of our monthly ‘Hidden Histories’ series. I’m now the Lead Admin of The Hive and it’s been such a brilliant experience.
I signed up to The Hive as a way of completing the notoriously tricky SiG element 4 of my Queen’s Guide Award but I loved it so much, I couldn’t leave! During the pandemic, it was a really lovely way of seeing the brilliant work our members do and the fact that this entire project was virtual from the start means that we’re all experts with Zoom...
Back when I applied to join the 2019 team, there was an opening for Lead Admin but it didn't even cross my mind to apply, as I was sure I didn't have the confidence or the skills to lead the team - look at me now!
Some of my highlights include:
- Running the ‘Badge of the Month’ and ‘Hidden Histories’ series
- Helping to run our 2020 ‘Survival’ anthology
- Being a part of the ‘Buzzing about Wildlife’ and ‘Recipe Book’ teams
- Being part of the team that won ‘highly commended’ at the UK Parliament awards 2021
- Meeting some wonderful people (especially our competitive ‘two truths and a lie’ games)
- Getting involved in ‘revamping’ our social media pages and experimenting with all the different features available